This person must profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ, exhibit genuine Christ-like character and commitment. We are looking for a person who has experience, knowledge and ability. But more importantly we are looking for someone who is creative, willing to learn, can work with a wide variety of people and has a positive and willing attitude. This position is a ministry and a personal commitment to this congregation, the staff and the community.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, clean and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-4 years.
• Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer. Universal protective precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
• Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
• Child care hours include every Sunday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. You are expected to work all Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. You will have the option to work other church events, i.e. Easter, Christmas, Vacation Bible School, etc. The opportunity for extra work will be announced as soon as reasonable. There will be services on Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and two services on Christmas Eve. There are additional choral services during the Christmas season. If you choose to work extra at these other events, the hour(s) of the nursery will be specified.
• Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
• In the event of an emergency notify the parent by cell phone.
• Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving. All toys that have had contact with saliva will require special attention. A sanitizing solution, cleaning wipes or cleaning spray will be available to use in the nursery.
• Report to the First Kids Director any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
• Communicate in advance, by phone to the First Kids Director:
1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift as possible.
• A love for Jesus and for children and the desire to share the love of Jesus with children.
• Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
• At least 18 years of age
• Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening
• Must present the results of a current (within 1 year) Tuberculin and current immunizations.
• Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
• Must adhere to First United Methodist Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines.
• Three references.
- There will be a 90 day probationary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this a two week notice is expected.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences cannot be tolerated and will result in termination of employment.
- Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent, or church member. Termination may occur for failure to carry out job duties as described above.